It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: 08 Sled Ride
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:57 am 

Well this was my first sled ride with the PET team and it WILL NOT be my last in fact the room is already booked for next year. Was a great day great people and great cause.

Was nice meeting everyone...
Here is something i put together from the day's events..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-6hIzLs5w

Kev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:37 am 
PET Founder
PET Founder

Great video Kev I will make sure it gets up on the main page when I update it this week.

It was great meeting you and your group we are so happy that you guys had a good time.

Thank you all for your generous support :clap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 pm 

Thanks for the awesome video...what a great weekend. We will definitely be back next year...hopefully with a pair of pants that stay done up LOL

Cheers to all your hard work and dedication. We were riding in honor of Rob Brumpton Sr. who only knew for 1 month that he had prostate cancer before he passed away. You helped us make this an enjoyable and heartfelt weekend.

Sincerely
Rob and Katrina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:13 pm 
Promotional Director
Promotional Director

Good Times , Great people and all for a great cause! Thanks to all of our wonderful riders who came out and made this event such an enjoyment.

Awesome Video Kevin what a great day!

Thanks to all our friends , family for all their dedication and support!

Remember spreading the word is key to making this dreaded disease a thing of the past!

Paul :cheerleader3:

If Sledding were illegal I'd be on Death Row !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:57 pm 

What a great weekend, with a lot great people. Our crew was real happy to hear the collective efforts of 80 or so sledders were able to collect over $19,000 towards fighting prostate cancer. :clap

Fantastic job organizing this event by the Prostate Extreme Team, thanks for all you've done and continue to do year after year..... Looking forward to the Quad ride in Sept :wink

And a big thanks to all the great business's and people that sponsored this event and the riders who paticipated :wink

Sorry I forgot all the names of the clubs who's trails we rode on this weekend, so a big thanks goes out to all the clubs of MSR and MOST, great trails.

Friday's ride and apres ride party at cabin 11

The big day .... P.E.T ride on Saturday :wink

Saturdays after ride Banquet, sorry I didn't get many pic's ... camera batts died on me right after dinner :x

Andy and Kev trying to put some humor into being rained out on Sunday morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 pm 

Wonderful video Kev and a good song to go with it too and Nutter great pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:57 am 

Great pics and video, now I know what the long loop was like. I will have to post pics from the short loop later and our stop at Winterfest. I only took a few pics though, not 150 like Nutter. It was great meeting friends from last year and many new ones. Sherri, Steve, Paul and the rest of the volunteers you did a great job, bravo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:35 pm 
Promotional Director
Promotional Director

Classic Brian wrote:
Great pics and video, now I know what the long loop was like. I will have to post pics from the short loop later and our stop at Winterfest. I only took a few pics though, not 150 like Nutter. It was great meeting friends from last year and many new ones. Sherri, Steve, Paul and the rest of the volunteers you did a great job, bravo!!

Thanks Brian ,

It was great to see you and the whole family this time around.

What a fantastic weekend it was , and thank you for saying Grace again it's always a nice tribute and adds a special touch to the evening!

Hope to see you guys again sooner than later!

Paul

If Sledding were illegal I'd be on Death Row !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 pm 

I had the pleasure this year of taking part in the 08 campaign and meeting some of you and I would like to just add my thanks to Kev's video and to Team Nutter's photos. It is nice to see what I missed by not being part and riding with one of the great teams of riders that took part in a tremendous weekend for PET's Tour of Hope. The scenes were fantastic and the wonderful views of the trails were outstanding. I felt as if I was there.

If it wasn't for all of your great participation the event would not have been so successful. I think that the PET team outdid itself this year. Prostate Cancer needs such support and devotion for us to find a cure. Thanks to PET and your pledges, there are more funds available for further Research and Awareness.

Gentlemen do not forget to bend over and get that PSA blood test done as well and supporters make sure they do. Hopefully the Government will finally honour it's commitment and push the Legislation through so that at least those from age 50 on will have the PSA test paid. Call your MPP and tell them to get off their backsides and pass the necessary Legislation.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Mother Christmas wrote:
Wonderful video Kev and a good song to go with it too and Nutter great pictures.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]